I am glad I did. Harder than I thought it would be. If you are going to promote your music or your band, it is very important for you to understand also. Ranks very high for entertainment businesses. Search rank, SEO, meta tags, UTF -8, word relevance, validate this validate that. Google Analytics. Google bots, spiders, bugs, error pages, site maps, search speed, internal links, external links, add sense, add words, ebay, craigs' lists, advertising. Make it function, make it pretty.
All of that, then oh....by the way. Sense of urgency. Drive customer toward action. Traffic, Twitter, MySpace, FaceBook, Blogger, Reverbnation, iLike, iHeartRadio, amazon mp3, napster.
Then publisher, author, performance, mechanical, sync, distribution, iTunes, Foreign sales.
Sell merch at shows, CD's hats shirts hoodies shows in texas, oklahoma, kansas, ohio nebraska. Back home back to the web.
I know for a lot of you, all those words made sense. That is freaky. Who would think you needed to know any of that? I didn't 2 years ago.
I also opened a recording studio. Worked very hard at perfecting the use of Logic Pro now up to 9. Crazy. I have iMacs, iPhones, iPods, iLife, iWeb, iHome. One of my email addresses is idewight.
I got in a serious band called Torque. We have played over 100 venues in those 2 years. Shared stages with some awesome talented musicians and held our own according to most. We released an EP and now our first full length. Hells' Juke Joint you can get on iTunes and everywhere else those awesome people at TuneCore deliver our music to.
ROCK THAT SHIT! Hells' Juke Joint is just 13 good Blues/Metal/Rock songs. There is a TuneCore player Widget on most of my web sites. Listen to it buy it and see if we learned anything in the last 2 years.
Hope you are having a great Monday.
Dewight Traina
Owner of Traina Studios
dewight@trainastudios.com
www.everythingaudiostore.com
www.myspace.com/trainastudiosinc
www.twitter.com/trainastudios
and lots and lots of other links.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Say what you want. I can take it.