Feb 23, 2010

Plethora of experience.

Good afternoon,

The first time I sat behind a drum set on a stage was when I was 5 years old.  You see my dad was in a Country & Western band here in Wichita.  He always had practice in our living room with his band.  I had the best entertainment in Wichita.  He had a steel guitar player that was awesome.  May dad played a Turquoise 1968 Fender Stratacaster.  My grandfather played the fiddle.  If you called it a viollin you would get "the look".  He was a fiddle player.  Buddy Love from Derby was the drummer.  He still owns a pizza place there, (I think).  My aunt Geneva owned a bar called "The Hillside Lounge".  My dads' band played there just about every weekend.  My Mom worked nights also, so I would hang around with the neighbor kids outside the place anyway.

On this day that sticks in my mind like it was yesterday, my dad asked me to come inside.  He wanted to show a few of these fans that I could play.  I played two songs.  The first was Groovy Grub Worm.  The other was Wipeout.  After that night playing for a few fans and making my dad proud, I was hooked.

I am now 47.  I still played over 100 shows last year with my band TORQUE.  We played The Curtain Club in Deep Elam in Dallas, The Vampire Lounge in Dallas, The Rock Theater in Oklahoma City, Shenaningans in Tulsa, The Backyard Bar in Tulsa, every bar possible here in Wichita, Farmagedden II which was an outdoor show at the Drive inn in ElDorado and one of the highlights of the year was The Blue Goat in Salina with SoulFly.

We just recently finished out first official full length record called "Hells' Juke Joint".  13 songs that we "road tested" all over the midwest.  When we would open for some really good bands like Prong, Hemlock, Primer 55, and many many others, they would comment on our set.  Signed lots of autographs, sold T-shirts and our EP everywhere we played.  Decca Records wanted to sign us and Jason from Sony had inquired but not an offer.

Right about this time, our singer of 2 years decided to quit the band.  Timing right?  It's ok though.  This band has survived several singers.  One went to jail, a few others just went.  I will miss playing out with Sprout but life goes on.

I also did not mention that I own a recording studio.  I built it myself and have recorded bands for the past 2 years.  Tomorrow I start my first Hip Hop album.  The bands' name is TNT.  An AC/DC title came to mind.  Thats funny.  Man I have played a lot of cover songs in 40 years.  I think I love to play the drums more now than when I was 5 years old.  I love writing songs and together with Jeremy Fisher, the lead guitar in TORQUE, I believe we could write a new song every day.

Monday morning we start the process of auditioning a new singer.  As we have done before, I think we will just remove the lyrics off the new album and see what the new singers put to it.  The song on Juke Joint now is called Burn.  Before that, when Travis was the singer it was called Clawing.  It is outstanding with either set of lyrics.  We could release them both and you would love them.

You can get a copy of Hells' Juke Joint from the tune core widget on this blog or this link to Tune Core. The Torque - Hells' Juke Joint on iTunes. 13 really good songs.  I am proud of them anyway.  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

I am also available for Session Drum Work.  If you have a song in mind and need the drums put on it.  Leave me a message and I can help you out.  As I said before, I enjoy making good songs.  Some are quick, others have taken me several months to be satisfied with the drum work.  I know this.  When you get it back, it won't be anything like you thought the drums would be.  I get that complement a lot.

So, if you are a singer looking for an experienced band that still believes we are 20.  Follow this link and leave me your information.  I look forward to hearing you sing.  We have a goal to play Europe and Australia.  No matter how long that takes.  I still have that love to play live that I felt when I was 5.  I like getting off the stage to talk to excited fans and knowing we gave it 100%.

If you are a musician needing some rare awesome Beatz.  Follow the same link.  I look forward to hearing your songs.

I love having my own studio and will enjoy working with your music.  I think it keeps me young.

Have a great day!

Dewight Traina
Owner Traina Studios Inc.
dewight@trainastudios.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you want. I can take it.